CLASSIC COLORADO RAILROAD BOOKS FOR SALE
- "The Switzerland Trail of America", by Forest Crossen. "With An Added Chapter". "An Illustrated History of the Romantic Narrow Gauge Lines Running West from Boulder, Colorado; The Greeley, Salt Lake & Pacific and The Colorado & Northwestern, later The Denver, Boulder & Western." Limited Edition, Second printing (1978) limited to 10,000 volumes of which this is Book Number 685. Signed on title page by the author. Hardbound, not issued with dust jacket. Originally published by Pruett Press, Boulder; Second printing published by Robinson Press, Inc, Fort Collins Colorado. Minor shelfwear and black staining on bottom, otherwise very good to excellent condition. Includes three maps in pocket at back of book. The binding is tight. x+422 pages. My catalog number M2157. $65.00.
- "The Mineral Belt, Volume 1 - Old South Park - Denver to Leadville", by David S Digerness. First printing, November 1977. Published by Sundance Publications, Silverton, Colorado. Signed on the half-frontspiece by the author and "2218" is rubber-stamped on the same page. No dust jacket (book was issued that way) but a plastic book protector is in place. 416 pages, very good condition. Price $75.00. Order item M2158.
- "The Crystal River Pictorial", by Dell McCoy and Russ Collman. Published by Sundance, Denver. Second printing, 1973. Mylar dust jacket (not issued with paper jacket). 224 pages. Binding tight. Very good condition. "Here, for the first time, is the complete pictorial story of the fabulous Crystal River country - that legendary mountain district high in the Elk Mountain Range of central Colorado ... The Crystal River Pictorial not only takes you back into the boom period of the district, but it shows you what the region looks like today - in modern full-color photographs. Besides this graphic presentation, the book presents detailed maps of the railroads of the valley prepared through the use of aerial photographs provided by the US Geological Survey." Price $25.00. Item M2159.
- "Silver San Juan - The Rio Grande Southern", by Mallory Hope Ferrell. First edition, 1973. Hardbound, price-clipped paper dust jacket in library-style mylar protector (which is ever so slightly too tall). HUGE book - 643 pages, weighs over five pounds. Very good condition, binding is tight. System map and employee timetable reproduction in pocket at rear. A real classic of the genre! Price $80.00. Item M2160.
- "The Moffat Road", by Edward T Bollinger and Frederick Bauer. Second edition, 1962. Published by Sage Books. 359 pages, 430 illustrations. Hardbound, dust jacket enclosed in mylar cover. Very good condition. Price $25.00. Item M2161.
- "The Colorado Road: History, Motive Power, & Equipment of the Colorado & Southern / Fort Worth and Denver Railways", by F Hol Wagner Jr. Published 1970 by the Intermountain Chapter, National Railway Historical Society, Denver. Hardbound, 415 pages. Dust jacket in fair to good condition; two price stickers on front flap, overall wear from handling, some chips and tears along the top. Book in very good condition, binding is tight. Price $50.00. Item M2162.
I would like to add scans of the front cover of each of these books, but as I said on my home page, I hand-code all these pages, and right now the HTML is doing exactly what I am TELLING it to do ... which is not at all what I WANT it to do !! I'll probably never get this fixed .... $@%$#%$@# computers !
To inquire about any of these books, or if you have any questions, please send me an e-mail .
For now, use your browser's BACK button to return to my home page.